Delos Wellness Premier – Technology for Homes Designed to Improve Health and Well-Being
As you know, I have devoted my life to the art and science of curating and building one-of-a-kind estates for some truly remarkable people, including captains of industry, celebrities and various world leaders, who will settle for nothing but the best. To that end, over the past three decades, I have had the rare opportunity and privilege of being able to work with many of the leading visionaries in the high-end real estate market.
Recently, however, I was offered an opportunity by Delos, which completely shifted my focus. This WELL Building Standard created by Delos, is so compelling on many different levels that I have reduced taking on any new construction projects. I am now dedicating my time to managing the global roll out of the Delos Wellness Premier Division, a newly launched division within Delos, separate from WELL Building Standard and entirely focused on integrating healthy solutions, products and technologies into the home. This is obviously a very serious movement, not a passing fad, and is predicted by many of the most astute players in the industry to very quickly become the norm for all construction. In fact, cities such as Chicago are showing leadership in the public policy realm by awarding credits for buildings pursuing WELL Certification as it relates to achieving city funding.
Let me tell you a little bit about Delos
The firm consists of some of the world’s greatest minds and leaders. Among the notable partners and investors; Bill Gates’ private equity fund, Cascade; along with Jeff Vinik, the former head of Fidelity Magellan, and the current majority owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Leadership at Goldman Sachs that extends to the highest levels, James Packer, the owner of Crown Casinos, Deepak Chopra and Leonardo DiCaprio, President Bill Clinton has also spoken several times about the benefits of Delos’ mission. Also joining as scientific contributors are the world-renowned medical institutions like the Mayo Clinic, the Cleveland Clinic, and a board of doctors from Columbia University Medical Center, as well as other global leaders in business and sustainability.
Delos technology for the first time incorporates the latest advances in preventative medicine into the design and construction of homes, offices, schools, malls and basically any other structure with four walls and a roof. This is creating a significant paradigm shift in the real estate market, with economic opportunities that while truly massive, will be dwarfed by their positive impact on the human condition.
In essence, Delos Wellness Programming in residential settings is designed with the goal of enhancing health and well-being as well as quality of life. This translates into: more energy, improved sleep, cognitive function, digestion, weight control, and hormone balance.
Delos Wellness Premier Programming is comprised of:
1) Circadian Day by DelosTM, the patented lighting system, enhances our body’s ability to produce balanced levels of crucial hormones and neurotransmitters, like serotonin, dopamine, melatonin and cortisol.
2) Air Purification by DelosTM, an exclusive Delos purification system and cutting-edge technology that cleanses the air as it enters your home, then constantly monitors and re-purifies 24/7.
3) Water Purification by Delos, a mulit-stage purification system that purifies as it enters from the municipal water supply and at each tap, to levels that satisfy Delos’ strict criteria. Harsh chlorine and impurities are removed, optimizing the water for drinking, cooking, bathing, cleaning.
4) Comfort by DelosTM, non-intrusive built-ins designed to support posture, ease of body movement, minimize impact on the human skeleton, including special flooring, nighttime navigation lights and more.
5) Materials Selection Vetting, Materials Evaluation of home building and finish materials is critical during the design and construction process. We offer the ability to work closely with your general contractor and interior designers and/or architects to research and suggest products taking into account VOC levels, toxic material composition and material transparency.
All five of the Wellness elements outlined above are monitored by Delos through the state-of-the-art sensors system, “Darwin by DelosTM,” using this IBM Watson cognitive learning capabilities. Delos ensures that your home environment meets the standards prescribed by Delos protocols.
Delos has established a research facility in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, The Well Living Lab tests wellness interventions in real-life simulated environments, supported by a sensor-rich modular environment relying on the latest technological advancements in the field of measuring indoor environmental quality. Please see: http://welllivinglab.com
To get an idea of just how awesome this company is, as well as the quality and reputation of the people behind it, watch this short video:
To date, many of the world’s largest and most well-respected corporations have adopted WELL and are in the process of applying it to all their commercial spaces. A few examples are: CBRE, Macquarie Bank, TD Bank, Wells Fargo… and countless others.
Let me know if you’d like to know more.